Blood pressure and heart rate are mildly over normal range. Should I be concerned?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
My blood pressure is 157/70 and heart rate is 91 should I be concerned?
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later

This is just mildly over the normal range and there is absolutely no need to be concerned. It can vary during the day. If you measure it for few hours results will be probably different. It also depends which hand is used to measure and which manometer is used.

Since it is found a bit on the higher side, you could repeat checking the blood pressure for few days. If it is persistently high, you may need to take a treatment for it.

If you are healthy and have no other symptoms then dont worry at all.
When you find time you can visit your GP or cardiologist and do some basic tests such as ECG, echo and particular lab tests. If you have headache, malaise, vertigo or dizziness the visit your doctor as soon as possible.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.