Blood pressure 140/100. Suggested to undergo cardio test. Will BP come back to normal?

I've very simple life style, i dont eat non-veg, no-alcohol and dont smoke even. However i've BP of 140/100. Recently, i undergone with all the test to figure out the reason for BP, But all the test proved to be okay i.e. Sugar, Thyeroid, urine. My family doctor has suggested to undergo for cardio test. How much will it cost me for cardio test. And will my BP come back to normal ?
Posted Sat, 20 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Yes, the next best would be to get a Cardio test done.

Cardio test involves more than one tests like ECH (Electrocardiogram), Tread mill test and a 2D ECHO. The total cost of the above tests may be within 75$ even in best of the hospitals.

Knowing the cause for the blood pressure rise would help to identify the underlying pathology. Treating the same would help to bring down the blood pressure for sure.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any concerns.