Blood pressure 135/81 and pulse 64. Is this normal?

I am a 66 year old male (6', 210 pounds. clean health history, no medicans), currently my average blood pressure is 135/81 with a average plues of 64. Is this normal for my age?
Posted Sun, 1 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 17 minutes later

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

It is perfectly normal for your age. Blood pressure and pulse are within normal range. I advice you to continue your regular work out.

It is better to calculate your BMI, you can do it using online calculator provided in most of the website. I think you you may fall in slightly overweight category but i don't think you need to alter anything.

I advice you to avoid smoking and alcohol & continue regular workouts. It is good to monitor BP at least once week.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer

Follow-up: Blood pressure 135/81 and pulse 64. Is this normal? 20 hours later
Thank you for your quick response. I have recently retired (2 months ago) and started my workouts then. Hopefully over time I will be able to reduce my body weight, taking things slow until my body is in better condition.

Again thanks,
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 3 hours later
Hello ellorenz

Great to hear from you.

Quick reduction is not always good, i advice you to go for slow reduction as you are doing. Take your own time you know your body better than anyone else.