Blood panel test done. Noticed ALT, HDL and LDL low. What does this mean?

I had a blood panel done and noticed My ALT is Low,also HDL & LDL is low.What could this mean?
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

Let me explain each aspect of your query for your better understanding. Starting with:
1. ALT (alanine aminotransferase): is an enzyme found in the blood which is mainly used to assess liver damage. Low levels of ALT are a normal finding. When there is liver damage or disease, the liver releases ALT into the blood stream which causes the levels to go up. Thus, as you have a low level of ALT, it indicates that your liver is normal and healthy.

Normal levels in a female: 7-35 U/L or 0.12-0.60 mckat/L

2. LDL (low-density lipoprotein): It is also called the 'bad-cholesterol'. This parameter is considered very harmful and predisposes to cardiovascular diseases (heart and blood vessel) when high. As you have a low level of this, you should not be under any risk for developing cardiovascular diseases. Great news once again.

Normal LDL for women: should be below 100 mg/dL

3. HDL (high-density lipoprtein): Is also called the 'good-cholesterol'. This parameter is a good indicator and a protective agent against all cardiovascular diseases. The higher this is, the better it is.

Normal HDL level in women: should be above 50-60 mg/dL

Thus, other than concentrating on increasing your HDL by a little, which is not even of any concern. You seem to be perfectly healthy. Congratulations.

I hope you found my response helpful and informative. For any further clarifications, you can always write back to me, I would be happy to help you. If you wish, I could even go through your exact laboratory values and confirm.

Best wishes XXXXXXX
Follow-up: Blood panel test done. Noticed ALT, HDL and LDL low. What does this mean? 17 hours later
Yes can I send copy of my blood panel and have you go through?
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 5 hours later

Yes sure. You could either look to attach the images of the document to our discussion here or email it to me at ' YYYY@YYYY ' with the subject line addressed to me in the following manner: 'ATTN:Dr Shoaib Khan'.

I shall be looking forward to receiving your reports. And if any further assistance is required from me, do not hesitate to ask.

Take care XXXXXXX