Blood on toilet paper, back pain, burning and irritation around anus, eaten spicy food

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
I'm a male 30 years old. I have had a spicy meal 3 nights ago that did not sat well the same night, (I would like to point out that was.a left over meal myself and my wife ate few days before this happened, so I would like to state that food in bad condition might not be an option.)since then have found bright red blood on the toilet paper and since today I'm having lower back pain on both sides. I am currently in Mexico and without insurance, for experience im trying to avoid going to the doctor here. I usually eat spicy food and apart from the usual burning feeling around my anus nothing else ever happened. I currently have a burning feeling and irriatated ring around my anus.
Looking forward to your thoughts.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 4 hours later
Hi

Thanks for posting for query

What I gather from your history is that you have had a contaminated meal

There are chances that you have developd collitis

Here are few clarifications needed :

Is the pain more on right or left side?
Do you pass mucus in stool?
Is there a sense of incomplete defecation?

Regarding spicy food it has probably caused gastritis and collitis and antibiotics add to it

Do you have food coming back?
Is there fullness after meals?
Do you have any reports done?

Get back to me with these replies and I will help you out

Get well soon

Follow-up: Blood on toilet paper, back pain, burning and irritation around anus, eaten spicy food 7 hours later
Thank you Doctor.
I currently don't have any of the symptoms you pointed out above. Regarding the back pain, I cannot tell which side hurts the most but I usually find myself touching my right lower back.
Yesterday was the second time I go to he bathroom after that meal and the followed diarrhea the same night, and the stool does look normal.

Looking forward to your email

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 49 minutes later

Thanks for providing the necessary information.

Ok, with the clarifications received I would recommend you go for:

1] Ofloxacin & Ornidazole which can be obtained by a doctor's prescription for Seven days
2] A good prebiotic
3] Proton Pump Inhibitor with Domperidone.

Avoid spicy and fermented meals.

Take small frequent meals.

Add yogurt to your daily diet.

Excercise for 20 mins, 5 days a week

For the local relief of burning around the anal verge take sitz bath [Warm water with liq antiseptic in a tub and sit in the tub for around 20 mins twice a day]

Hope this helps. If you have no further queries, do accept my reply

Get Well Soon

Follow-up: Blood on toilet paper, back pain, burning and irritation around anus, eaten spicy food 18 minutes later
Thank you, could you please elaborate on a possible diagnosis? should I be worry? it is a matter of time and a good diet?

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 4 minutes later

Thanks for your follow up query.

Collitis and Gastritis is the close possibility that could be causing your symptoms.

Let me reassure you it is definitely matter of time and good diet. No need to worry, but always try to avoid the meals I have mentioned.

Hope this helps. If you have no further queries, do accept my reply.

Get Well Soon