Blood in urine with severe back pain. Is it kidney stone or bladder infection ?

I recenlty had a bladder infection for which I was treated for. However, I continue to show blood in my urine with severe back apin. My doctor sent me to the ER last night. I was given an ultra sound which indicated a 7mm kidney stone still in the kidney. A CT scan was preformed which indicated that it may mot be a kidney stone but a fatty deposit. I am still urinating blood with severe back apin. If not kideny stone or infection, what could it be?
Posted Wed, 27 Jun 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 47 minutes later
I understand your query and concern.
There could be residual or recurrence of infection which is diagnosed by a urine culture test.
Tumour in the urinary tract is a possibility and cystoscopy may give input if u continue to pass blood..
The back pain could be musculo- skeletal in nature and analgesics/ anti spasmodics could do the trick.
Hope I answered your query.
Kindly get back for doubts, if any.