Ask a Urologist   »  

Blood in urine, sweating. Chances of infection?

I am a 58 year old, slender, 155 pound, 5'10" female. This morning when urinating I had a slight bloody discharge. Also, in the last few weeks I have been experiencing sweating when I wake up.

Could these symptoms possibly indicate an infection?

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Bright red bloody discharge during urination along with sweating is suggestive of urine examination done which will show pus cells and protein in the urine.
If it is actually a urinary tract infection, then you need antibiotics to treat your problem. For symptomatic relief, you need to have plenty of fluids and do take plenty of fresh cranberry juice.
Another possible cause can be a renal or a urinary tract calculus which is lodged in the tract somewhere and due to the mucosal injury it is causing, slight bleeding is there.
For diagnosis, an ultrasound scan of lower abdomen is advisable.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.