Ask a Urologist   »  

Blood in urine, high WBC count, yeast infection, high prolactin level, incontinent. Have dysautonomia. At a loss.

Hello dr. My name is XXXXXXX negron I am 18 years old nd 4'8 140 pounds I suffer of a condition caused dysautonomia. I have been having some sever gastrointestinal issues for monthes now which are being addressed but my main concern is I have had blood in my urine for months now and no one seems to know why. But today i went to the er and there was no blood in my urine for months. I had a negative catheterization but yet it still says I have blood in my urine. And my gyno says its not from my vagina. I also have a high white blood count and might possibly have a uti, i also have a yeast infection, as well as a high prolactin level. I also am incontinent .I am at a loss please help me.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandan Choudhary 1 hour later

Dysautonomia is a disorder of autonomic nervous system which may explain the reason of your urinary incontinence but haematuria may be because of medical renal disease.

Please get your CT scan of KUB region (Kidney, urinary bladder) ,kidney function test, urine routine and culture done.

If test reports suggests medical renal disease, you may have to go for renal biopsy to confirm the diagnosis.

Please revert back with reports.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.