Ask a Urologist   »  

Blood in urine at night or first time in the morning, blood in stool, no previous illness

hi i seem to have blood in my urine, but only in the night or first thing in the morning. also my morning poo seems to be bloody but not much on the paper. the rest of the day it all seems fine?? im 36,172cm tall and 68kg with no medical history of illness.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 56 minutes later
Bright red blood just at the beginning of urination is suggestive of urine examination done which will show pus cells and protein in the urine.
If it is actually a urinary tract infection, then you need antibiotics to treat your problem. For symptomatic relief, you need to have plenty of fluids as you are already taking and do take plenty of fresh cranberry juice.
Another possible cause can be a renal or a urinary tract calculus which is lodged in the tract somewhere and due to the mucosal injury it is causing, slight bleeding is there.
For diagnosis, an ultrasound scan of lower abdomen is advisable.
Mild bleeding in the poo- only on the tissue might be due to hemorrhoids, anal fissures, intestinal inflammatory disorders, polyp, etc. A careful examination is needed for diagnosis.
I encourage you to consult a doctor for both evaluation and proper medications that are needed in your case.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.