Ask a Urologist   »  

Blood in urine. Diagnosed with broken blood vessel in bladder in the past. Done cystoscopy and CT scan

Several years ago I was treated for blood in my urine. I was given a cystoscope and had a ct scan. It was diagnosed as a broken blood vessel in my bladder. Since then I had no blood in my urine until recently. Several days ago it returned but for only briefly and then dissapeared. It has returned again today.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 3 hours later
Hi there. Thank you for posting your question.

I would be just a little concerned about the "broken blood vessel" diagnosis. I wonder if this was not in fact an early transitional cell surface bladder carcinoma that they were looking at.

Even if that was or now is the case, it is nothing to be alarmed about. But since the bleeding has returned it is very important now to have a follow up repeat cystoscopy. These things only give trouble when they are ignored.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.