Blood in the urine after using methamphetamine for a long time. Need help

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I being smoking crystal for the last 5moths after my mother died but now I'm peeing blood a lot and I wanna know what can I do please help me
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Smoking meth is not likely to cause blood in the urine.
Bright red blood during urination is suggestive of pus cells and protein in the urine.
If it is actually a urinary tract infection, then you need antibiotics to treat your problem. For symptomatic relief, you need to have plenty of fluids as you are already taking and do take plenty of fresh cranberry juice.
Another possible cause can be a renal or a urinary tract calculus which is lodged in the tract somewhere and due to the mucosal injury it is causing, slight bleeding is there.
For diagnosis, an ultrasound scan of lower abdomen is advisable.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.