Blood in stool, taken steroids and hormones for IVF. What could be the reason?

Excellent

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
Hi....I am getting blood in my stool what could be the reason and blood is not coming regularly....had taken steroids and hormones few days back for ivf
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 4 hours later
Hi

Thanks for posting your query

Blood in stool has many reasons, describing all is out of scope of this forum

Coming to your symptoms - There are chances you have constipation, a good number of patients on IVF treatment do have constipation and hard stool causes fissures which bleeds while straining

You should increase the fiber in your diet, talk lot of fluids and exercise at least 5 days a week

If you have any other related symptoms do get back to me and I will sort your issue

Hope this helps
Am available for any followup queries
If there are no further doubts, do accept my reply and rate it

Get Well Soon

Follow-up: Blood in stool, taken steroids and hormones for IVF. What could be the reason? 5 hours later
Thanks for reply.....I am having pain in lower abdomen also...is it due to constipation....please let me know

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

Constipation if associated with Irritable Bowel Syndrome or Inflammatory Bowels can cause lower abdominal pain

Constipation by itself can cause lower abdominal pain only if it has been severe and stools have been hard

Hope this helps
Am available for any followup queries

Get Well Soon

Follow-up: Blood in stool, taken steroids and hormones for IVF. What could be the reason? 2 hours later
Hi....thanks for ur reply ...can u suggest any medicine for me

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 5 hours later
Hi

Thanks for posting your query

Unfortunately as per the forum rules we cannot prescribe any medicines without examining the patients

Yet I would suggest you manage your stress levels and take a good probiotic twice a day for atleast six weeks

If this does not help visit your caregiver

Hope this helps
Am available for any followup queries

Wishing You A Speedy Recovery