Blood in stool and stomach pain

im getting blood during,..... my motion are also not good...........n i feel some kind of pain in ma abdomen ...........
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 24 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Change in bowel habits, blood in stools, and pain abdomen needs a clinical examination and possibly an ultrasound scan to rule out causes. In your case, if these have been acutely manifested - then infections are responsible which would need a course of antibiotics.

If they have been long standing on and off then, blood tests, stool tests and other necessary tests for a part of medical consultation.

I would advice you to collect a stool sample (bright red / dark red ) and do not take any tablets yourself for the pain. Avoid eating regular food, and take a consultation immediately. Bright red color indicates fresh ulcerative bleeding from the lower gut. Dark red may mean bleeding above the stomach. Either case it would need treatment.

Acute pain like cramps, and altered bowels may also mean some unknown food poisoning. Report all your food intake history to the doctor which would help him make the diagnosis. I have given you most probable reasons for your symptoms in here.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.