Blood in semen after sex, no pain. Semen analysis normal. Prescribed B.Cin. Is it due to any infection?

Question
After having sex , the semen has some blood. I am feeling no pain. I am 33yrs I have done semen analysis test 2-3 days back and the report is normal .I have consulted a doctor as well. He has prescribed B. Cin 100mg tablet , twice a day for a week .I have not have sex last 45 days and the incident occured when we had sex.My wife and i am worried..Is blood due to any infection.
Please help
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 43 minutes later
Hello and thanks for posting the query 
If your semen analysis report states that there is no blood in the semen,it means the blood you noticed in your semen while doing sex was either from your penis or from the vagina of your wife.
Such type of blood can be noticed due to injury to the private parts,most likely caused by the vigorous sexual intercourse.
Kindly repeat a semen analysis report again after 10 days to see if there is blood in it.
A repeat normal semen report shoul ease your worries.
There is no point taking any medicine for it at the moment.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any other query.
Thanks and best of luck.

Follow-up: Blood in semen after sex, no pain. Semen analysis normal. Prescribed B.Cin. Is it due to any infection? 14 minutes later
i used condom during sex so the blood must be from the semen.do i stop having sex for some days?if yes let me know the time frame.i have done a urine analysis and the report is normal.how come blood be present in semen when i had sex.is it normal?i am really worried and tensed
i had sex again after the 7 days after test and there is blood in semen.will the medicine B. Cin 100mg tablet as sugested by doctor make the semen normal.suggest any medicine if any to make it normal

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
Hello
There is no point taking any antibiotic without ascertaining the cause for blood in the semen
Blood in the semen is usually caused by inflammation of the seminal vesicles. It may also be caused by:

Blockage
Infection
Injury
It may be a sign of disease or a problem in the urethra, testicles, epididymis, or prostate.
You must consult a urologist and get the following investigations done to arrive at the proper diagnosis and subsequent treatment.

Prostate exam
PSA blood test
Semen analysis
Semen culture
Ultrasound of pelvis and scrotum
Urinalysis
Urine culture
While infections may be treated by the proper antibiotics
Blockages of the urinary tract system are usually treated with surgery. If cancerous tumors are causing the blockage, you may need radiation or chemotherapy.
I hope to have clarified the matter to you but if you still have some query please do revert to me.
Thanks