Blood in ejaculation. Have prostatitis by escherichia Coli. Take cipro? Avoid sex?

Urologist
Question
I am 58 years old, a month ago a had blood in my ejaculation. My PSA is 2,0 and estable for one year. After several exams and semen culture, two doctors told me that I have prostatites by Escherichia Coli. One of them, prescribe me norfloxacino 500 mg during 28 days, and sex or masturbation in order to put the semen out, and justified 28 days because prostate is hard to get antibiotics. Another one, one the famous urologist in São Paulo, prescribe me Cipro xr 1000 mg during only only 14 days and no sex or masturbation, and after check my testosterone 267 also prescribe me Nebido . Both said that after antibiotics I have to repeat the culture of semen. Well, as I belive more in the second one, I forget norfloxacino and start to take Cipro. Anyway, I would like to know you opinion about the days I really shoud thake the Cipro 1000, 14 days or 28 days, even if I can make sex or not. I already taken Cipro since Monday. January 23. Obs With Nebido I am feeling good, well sleeping and energy, not sexual for while because I am trying to avoid sex regarding recomendation the best second doctor . Am I in the rght way ??
Best regards
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 9 hours later
Dear,

Blood in the ejaculate is known as hematospermia. Usually there is no identifiable cause for hematospermia. However, some of the common known causes are trauma, hypertension, and infection in the seminal vesicles or prostate.

You need to get your blood pressure checked, continue ciprofloxacin for a total of 14 days and have normal sexual life. In addition, I hope that ultrasound KUB (Kidney, ureter and bladder region) has been done on you and it is normal. There is no need to take Nebido.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Follow-up: Blood in ejaculation. Have prostatitis by escherichia Coli. Take cipro? Avoid sex? 8 hours later
Dear Doctor,

I have already done ultrasound KUB (Kidney, ureter and bladder region ), and blood prssure, it´s all OK.
When you mean normal sex life is after 14 days on Cipro or during the treatment ?
best regards !

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 3 hours later
Hello.

Thanks for writing back.

It is good to know that your Ultrasound and blood pressure readings are normal.

You can lead normal sex life from now itself. The blood in the ejaculate shall settle by itself and nothing active needs to be done.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Wish you good health.

Regards.