Blood flow during my periods is very low, trying to conceive. Taking Siphene, Blong F.Ovary and uterus all normal. Is it correct treatment ?

Infertility Specialist
Question
Hello Doctor,

I am 30 years old. I am trying to conceive. All my ovary, uterus and Fallopian Tube scans reports normal. I have regular periods (25-28 cycle) but the blood flow during periods lasts only for 2 and half days. FSH and LH, Hemoglobin, Tyroid are normal. MY husband's sperm count is normal. During follicle studies, doctor found the immature rupture of follicles (15mm) on cd12. She gave Siphene tablets (50mg) and BLong F during the first month of Ultrasound scan. It doesnt work. Also the blood flow during periods was for only one and half days. She prescribed T. Deviry for 21 days and siphene for 5 days during the next month along with BLong F. It doesnt work. Third month, she gave again Siphene (50mg) along with BLong F. It also doesnt work. The follicle size was found to be 13mm and it got ruptured. Fr this month my blood flow during the periods was for 2 and half days. What is the solution for this? Is the treatment which i am undergoing is in right path?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

I read your history and I understand your concerns.

You are undergoing a phenomenon called "premature leutinization" of follicles. This occurs due to premature Luteinizing Hormone (LH) surge. This can be prevented by Injection of antagonist hormones during stimulation. Antagonists like cetrorelix or ganirelix need to be used along with siphene and other ovulation induction medications. These help your follicles from rupturing till dominant follicle of 18mm is achieved. Your Follicular rupture can thus be controlled.

Hence I encourage you to XXXXXXX an infertility specialist who will be experienced in using antagonist injections during "Antagonist In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) protocols". A proper treatment can be planned under the guidance of an infertility expert.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
Infertility Specialist

Follow-up: Blood flow during my periods is very low, trying to conceive. Taking Siphene, Blong F.Ovary and uterus all normal. Is it correct treatment ? 1 hour later
Hello Sir,

Thanks for your reply.

I also wants to mention you that my height and weight are 152cm and 61.5kg.
Will these also account for infertility? My doctor is specialist in IVF. But, is the antagonist injection procedure is same for IVF and normal pregnancy? I wish
to have a normal pregnancy and not IVF. Will there be any side effect of using it?

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

You come under obese category by your BMI. I would suggest that you please reduce your weight for increasing your chances of pregnancy.

Antagonist injections are also used in IVF. But they can also help you in conceiving naturally. They will prevent premature rupture of follicles. You can continue antagonist till follicle size reaches 18mm. Then you can stop antagonist and take hCG injection and try naturally.

There will not be any side effects. Hence don’t worry about it. Please go ahead with antagonist in next cycle to prevent premature LH surge.
I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any follow up queries you have.
Please close this discussion if you have no more queries.
Dr.Mahesh Koregol
Infertility Specialist