Blood clots in stool. Taking HCG. Is it normal?

I am on day 3 of hcg and am passing blood and blood clots in my stool. Is this common? I am 33 years old and 5'9" and weigh 220 lbs. No medical issues I know of currently
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 18 minutes later

Thanks for posting the query.

After going through your history, I would suggest the following:

1. Hcg being a hormonal preparation should be taken under prescription or under supervision of a Registered Medical Practitioner.

2. It is commonly used in weight reduction.

3. Passing of blood in stool after ingestion of hcg is not a known side effect. I therefore suggest you to stop the hcg ingestion currently and visit a gastroenterologist or a surgeon to evaluate the cause of blood in the stools.
Local examination, stool and blood tests are required. Remember hcg does cause constipation as its side effect.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries. I will be glad to answer any follow up queries.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra