Blood clot in the ureter after hysterectomy, surgical removal

i recently had a hysterectomy and now have a hocky puck sized blood clot on my ureter. what should i do to fix this problem i am 31 yrs. old and 5'4'' 290 lbs.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 1 hour later

I can understand your concern for such a sized blood clot in the ureter but such a sized blood clot cannot resolve by medicines alone. It needs immediate intervention by a urologist. Relief can be obtained with streptokinase instillation via the ureteral catheter which should be done by an expert urologist or the clot can be mobilized with gentle insertion of ureteral catheter.

If all of these prove unsuccessful then it may need endoscopic removal or by surgery. My suggestion would be to consult a urologist at the earliest.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.