Blood clot in brain, under treatment, no signs of improvement. What can be done?

my mother is 82 years old and has blood clot on left side of the brain,was admitted 2 months back with little signs of improvement but now her condition is deteriorating day by day ispite of medicines and physiotherapy, doctors say not much can be done at this age
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 56 minutes later
Thanks for the query,
I understand your concern and I feel for your mother
Please note that there are two main types of strokes, open is bleed in the brain and the second is poor blood supply to the brain. This classification is important for management of stroke. Further, the area involved depends upon which part of the brain is involved. The causes of worsening in patients with stroke could be new stroke, infections.
Please check with a local neurologist who will guide you.
Please let me know if you need additional information
Best wishes