Blood came out following wax while cleaning ear. No pain or hearing loss. Anything serious?

ENT Specialist
I was cleaning my ear with a cotton bud today and lots of wax came out at first and then when I put the bud back in there was blood. It has been bleeding on and off since - not pouring out my ears but when I put my finger in there's blood...I have no pain or hearing loss and no other symptoms.
thanks for your help
Posted Sun, 19 May 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 34 minutes later

I have gone through your query regarding minimal bleeding which you are having after your ear cleaning by cotton bud.

You have removed a large amount of wax and I think during cleaning you have injured the skin of ear canal this sometimes happens as few hairs are being pulled out along with wax and give rise to bleeding. Such lesions are usually heal by itself. But some times if ear canal is still having some debris or wax than healing is delayed and minimal bleeding remaines for sometimes.

Secondarily, if your blood sugar is high as in diabetics then healing will be delayed and minimal bleeding is observed.

So my opinion is that you should checked your self by an ENT specialist for thorough ear cleaning and examination and finally get treatment for cure.