Blood blister/bump on inner thigh, groin, fowl odor, seepage of blood

I developed a blood blister/bump on my inner thigh right next to the crease of my leg and groin. I have also noticed an extremely fowl odor coming from the area. There has been some seepage of blood as well. I am 41 year old male.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later

Foul smelling discharge from from a blister near groin can be an STD or a routine skin infection or an ulcerated lymph node.

The area needs physical examination and the discharge needs to be removed and examined to identify the most likely organism responsible for infection.

Broad spectrum antibiotics are needed.

The screening tests for STDs might be needed.

My advise would be to fix an appointment with your dermatologist as soon as possible so that you can get all the required drugs prescribed.

Till then keep the area clean and try to clean the discharge as much as possible.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.