Ask a Urologist   »  

Blood and urine test done. Diagnosed with UTI. What treatment should be done?

hI ..yesterday I got fever in the morning (approx 100 F) and I consulted doctor and She asked me take blood profile and urine examination test .. after visiting the reports .. she said my pus cells count in urine is 10-12/hpf and boold platelet count is 1.86 is below than what is supposed to be. She told its an UTI problem and she asked me to take three days course with some injections in the saline bottle .. Am i going through right medication ?
Posted Sat, 1 Dec 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 18 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.

The next step is to give midstream urine sample ( the urine is collected as usual, except that the initial few drops are discarded to avoid contamination) for culture and sensitivity ( if not already given).
The results will be out in 48 hours and it will guide your doctor to choose the correct antibiotic.
Till then, if the saline bottle contains antibiotic, its fine. Otherwise speak to the doc about it and get it done, till the results of culture are out.
It looks like you are in the right line of treatment.

Wish you good health---

Follow-up: Blood and urine test done. Diagnosed with UTI. What treatment should be done? 11 minutes later
Hi.. these are the injections she prescribed in saline ..
M2 , B.SAL , GALLIUM , AMIKCIN 250 , ONSEED , E.ONE.SB M .(spelling can be wrong as its hard to understand the writing). Are these antibiotics ?

So far she has not suggested culture test ?
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Welcome back.
Amikacin is an antibiotic.
Others are supportive.
Pls get a culture done yourself, by going to a lab and giving a sample.