Blood and mucus in stool, punched in stomach, had peanut bar

Hello. I'm male 21, 5'11", weigh 230 lbs(not fat just heavy, wear a size 36 pant, very muscular.) so today I went to the bathroom and in my rather mucas looking stool(uncommon for me usually solids) was bloody. I could smell the blood. Never happened before. Bright red. Just kinda worried. O and while playin with my little brother he lightly punched in the stomach as my abs were flexed. Didn't hurt just trying to connect the dots. Also had a hard peanut bar.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 12 minutes later

I shall address your concern based on your current given information.

Stools with mucus and blood ?
Assuming your brief history, and the acute onset of the episode, infection of the bowels is more likely than any other reason. Yes, the hard peanut bar you ate could well be the culprit, but will be clear after the evaluation. And your little brother's punch has too little significance by the look of it.

My advice to you for now:
1. A stool examination.
2. Review this back to your physician for prescription antibiotics based on your stool report.
3. Avoid stale, frozen, processed foods.
4. Don't worry about the blood loss, although blood sounds very scary.

Acute amoebic dysentery is one of the most common reasons for this condition in a scenario like yours. And even if is, several antibiotic choices are available which would be discussed with you by your physician.

I hope I have answered your concern on a broad sense, now.

If you have additional questions regarding these recommendations or further new queries as you prepare to make decision regarding future care, you should not hesitate to contact me.