Blood and liver function tests done. Elevated globulin levels. History of Hashimoto's thyroiditis, anemia

hello , i recently had routine blood tests and in my liver function test the globulin was 40. just over the normal range. i do have hashimotos thyroiditis, slight anemia, 52 years old start of menopause. any thoughts? would it be from the auto immune inflammation. all other liver function tests were normal range, my ferretin has been low a while and slowly coming up, haemoglobin borderline, TSH 2. i am on biodentical natural thyroid. no other medication.
Posted Sat, 2 Jun 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern.

A slight elevation in the globulin levels, in the setting of an autoimmune thyroid disease is not unexpected.

All the other liver function tests are within normal limits.

You can rest assured that it is a part of your existing problem.

Continue with your medication for thyroid as well as anemia.

Your TSH is within normal limits.

Hope this answers your query effectively. Please do write back if you have additional queries.