Ask a Urologist   »  

Blood along with urine. What could be the reason?

Today morning blood was coming along with urine.Color of urine was reddish.This is the first time I have seen this problem.What could be the reason?
Posted Thu, 13 Sep 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 43 minutes later

Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX and with special reference to me.
Common reasons for blood in urine are stone in the urinary tract or infection in the bladder.
Since u r known to form stones, it is the first possibility.
I would advice you to undergo urine examination, urine culture and sensitivity, Ultrasound scan as well.
Till the results are available, kindly take plenty of oral fluids like water, fruit juices and coconut water.
Kindly XXXXXXX your family doctor and take simple antibiotics till the results are available.
With the results, we can proceed.
Hope i answered your query, kindly get back for doubts if any.

Follow-up: Blood along with urine. What could be the reason? 10 hours later

Thanks a lot for the reply.I will surely do these tests and will get back to you with results.

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later

Get well soon.