Blood agar plate result shows hematocrit 45%, WBC count 12,000, neutrophils 30%. What does this indicate?

what do the lab values show hematocrit 45%, WBC count 12,000, neutrophils 30%, lymphocytes 29%, atpical lymphocytes 21%, and monocytes 20%, no beta- hemolytic colonies found on blood agar plate from pts throat swab.
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 4 hours later
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Your haematocrit is normal, which is three times of your hemoglobin. So your probable hemoglobin is 14, which is absolutely normal.
Your WBC count is raised(normal range is 4000-0000)
Neutrophils 30%, lymphocytes 29%---Normal
Atpical lymphocytes 21% These cells are seen in collagen diseases and other autoimmune disorders, malignant disease, drug reactions, and infectious mononucleosis, as well as other bacterial and viral infections
Monocytes 20% high---High , means infection.
no beta- hemolytic colonies found on blood agar plate from pts throat swab---No streptococci bacterias seen in culture.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile