Blood Pressure drops during night. Feeling ill and taking Atacand and gold seal levothyroxine. Suggest remedy?

Hi.. I have just had a blood pressure monitor on for 24hours.. The report over the phone from the doctor is my pressure is Up to 163/91 to 101 on the bottom reading.. But overnite it drops to a very low reading..sometimes when I've taken it at night it can be 90 / 64.i have an appointment with the doctor on Monday but are there some questions I should ask him. He said it is labile blood pressure but it has made me feel ill for months and months now. I take 4mg of Atacand and 50 mcg of gold seal levothyroxine.I recently purchased a Resperate machine but no difference....yet!,.I live in Auckland New Zealand. Many thanks, kind regards XXXX
Posted Sat, 14 Sep 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It can be labile BP

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam ,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem i can see that you are having wide variations in BP that is rightly labile blood pressure as told by your doctor .

Some patients have wide fluctuations in BP . one thing more that I would like to tell you
is that autonomic neuropathy needs to be ruled out .Get yourself evaluated for diabetes as such problems are common in such patients.

You are already taking candesartan .Your treating doctor may need to adjust the dose of drug according to your readings.

Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: Blood Pressure drops during night. Feeling ill and taking Atacand and gold seal levothyroxine. Suggest remedy? 18 hours later
Hi, I have had recent blood tests done including full glucose testing and all my blood tests have returned normal in all areas. Are there any other suggestions you doctor says the XXXXXXX shingles virus can affect me for up to 18 this virus is uncommon I don't know anyone else who has had it. Have you experienced a patient with this and could this have disrupted my blood pressure? Kind regards.. XXXX
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
No I dont think shingles is responsible for this.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Looking into your problem I dont feel that shingles is leading to this . And regarding labile BP you are taking the right medication . Besides this your doctor may give a shot for anxiolytics which may relieve this problem.

Plus meditation is also recommended for you.

Dr. Shruti