Blocked nose, lightheaded, racing heart and burning chest while coughing. Any treatment?

General Surgeon
when I cough it burns in my chest, and makes my heart race. I also feel lightheaded. My ears are also clogged. My nose is blocked, and I don't seem to have difficulty breathing.
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 15 minutes later

As per your medical history, most probable cause is a viral infection. There has been secondary bacterial infection, which has added.

So, apart from Blocked nose, clogged ears, light headedness you are having cough, which indicates the lower respiratory tract has been involved.

If the treatment is delayed initially, these complications will arise.

So, please take a tablet which contains Antihistamine like Chlorpheniramine maleate, Mucolytic and Brochodilator. You should also take a good Antibiotic like Macrolide which acts on the respiratory tract effectively.

Your heart rate is due to Sinus tachycardia.

Please consult your Physician and take appropriate drugs.

Wish you a speedy recovery.