Blocked nose, chest pains, pins and needle on head. Lump appeared near ear. What this could be?

I've recently been having chest pains but they have been checked out and no problems with heart or lungs, it is thought to be esophogitis which is being cured with antacids. I have just discovered a small lump under my ear on the left side of my head and with the recent chest pains I am feeling extremely anxious, so much so that it is causing me to have pins and needles on the top of my head.I've also had a very blocked nose with no mucus. I was wondering what this could be?
Posted Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
I would like to reassure you that the lump and your esophagitis are not linked. Esophagitis is just a inflammatory condition which occurs due to gastric acid reflux. Any esophgeal condition has drainage to surrounding lymph nodes only. It will not migrate out of the chest. So the question of causing enlarged lymph nodes in the chest does not arise. Additionally, the small lump is unlikely to be cancer . It may be lymphnode or any small lipoma. Nasal blockage is just a viral infection or allergic condition.
If possible please upload a snap and detailed description of lump so we can discuss and decide further line of investigation. Just relax! There is really nothing to be worried about here.
Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Follow-up: Blocked nose, chest pains, pins and needle on head. Lump appeared near ear. What this could be? 21 hours later
The lump on my neck is pea sized and painless. I have also discovered today that swollen glands only a little bit sore under my jaw which is making my throat feel tight. My neck has also become stiff. Is this more likely to be an infection?
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 28 minutes later
Thanks for writing back.
I think is just a small lymph node. You need not to worry for the same. In human being there are thousands of such lymphnodes.
If you are describing another swelling below jaw in submandibular gland region with the soreness then it might be infection. It will better to consult your physician and get examined for swelling of the gland.
It will be helpful to do sonography of that region. It may elaborate the gland and lymph node in details.
Hope it will work out for final diagnosis.