Blocked feeling in food pipe after eating meal. Medical test normal. How to get relief?

hello ,
from the last 20 days , i m suffering from a blocked feeling in my food pipe after taking a meal ,its like some little food particle stick in my food pipe which irritates a lot ,but there is no pain .i have done barrium swallon test ,ultra sound ,every thing is perfect,so plz help me out
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 minutes later
The blocked feeling in the throat after a meal can be related to anxiety since all your investigation reports are normal. It needs a thorough evaluation before it is labelled as anxiety related. These should be the next best steps:

First, use a steam inhalation machine for hot vapors thrice a day to melt any impacted mucus/phlegm. You may use Karvol Plus vasocaps in the machine to give flavored vapors.

Second an over the counter throat lozenges like Strepsils, Vicks can be chewed to drive away the feeling. They also help to soothe an irritated throat.

Third, if the above things do not help, I wish you that you check with an ENT specialist as Tonsil stones are chronic irritants and can cause such symptoms.

However, the most important and a very generic suggestion would be to quit smoking.

You can try DISPRIN gargles once every 6 hours. This is alternate remedy.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.