Bloating, pain in the abdomen on pressing, ill formed stools. Need cure

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
my stomach pais when pressed........stools are also not clear ,feel bloated after meals
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 3 hours later
Hi

Thanks for posting your query
Your history is very brief
You have to be more specific to get a perfect diagnosis

What area of your abdomen is paining?
Is the pain related to meals?
Do you pass mucus in stool?
Is there history of nausea?
Stools are not clear ? Does it mean you are constipated or the stool is ill formed?

Any way with the very brief history that you have provided let me tell you it appears you have developed collitis

Avoid contaminated meals and liquids

Take yogurt prepared at home

And get back to me with the clarifications and I will guide you with specific therapy

Hope all clear
Get well soon

Follow-up: Bloating, pain in the abdomen on pressing, ill formed stools. Need cure 45 minutes later
stool is illformed and after passing stool i have some burning sensation in anus since last 6 months .....no nausea..what should i do ????is it worrysome ????

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 19 minutes later
Hi

Thanks for posting your query

No it is not worry some

My interpretation is correct, you are suffering from collitis

Apart from the advise I have given earlier you need to take Ofloxacin & Ornidazole twice a day for 10-14 days after meals

But on a safer side go for a baseline stool examination & then start the medicines, you need not wait for the reports

If there are pus cells ask the laboratory to perform a sensitivity test also

Hope all clear, Do accept my reply if you have no further queries

Get Well Soon

Follow-up: Bloating, pain in the abdomen on pressing, ill formed stools. Need cure 12 hours later
pls let me know the exact medicine and strngth (200 mg /300 mg etc ) along with which test needs to be undergone

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later

I would suggest that the following investigations be done:
Stool - Routine & Microscopic examination. If pus cells are present, a stool culture & sensitivity need to be done.
Since ofloxacin and ornidazole are prescription drugs, it would be unethical and inappropriate to prescribe you scheduled drugs without doing a proper examination. I would suggest that you visit your treating general practitioner who would be able to prescribe the same.
I will be available for follow up queries.

Get Well Soon

Follow-up: Bloating, pain in the abdomen on pressing, ill formed stools. Need cure 1 hour later
pls also let me know why there is itching in rectum and how will it be cured

Hi and thanks again,

The itch is due to inflammation of rectal mucosa.

It will pass away with the medicines I have suggested,

Get well soon!