Bloating, nausea, unprotected sex. Pregnant?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
38 year old female experienceing bloating and nausea period due in sixteen days had unprotected sex could I be pregnant?
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 13 minutes later

Are your periods regular, have there been any irregular periods?
When did you have unprotected sex?
How are your bowel habits?
Do you experience gain in weight recently, increased abdominal size?

Bloating and nausea are very non-specific symptoms and may not be related to pregnancy at all. It can occur because of hormones in the body or possibly gastrointestinal acidity or infection.

You can wait for your next period. If you miss the period by more than 10 days you can get a pregnancy test done.

Usually conception occurs when you have unprotected sex during or 2-3 days near the period of ovulation on either side, which is 14th day prior to next period.

So do not worry. Wait till you get your periods. If your periods occur on time then you may not be pregnant. Else consider getting pregnancy test done.

In the meantime, eat healthy; drink plenty of water; exercise daily and stay stress free / fit.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.