Bloating, gas, itching anus, strong smelling urine, pain during ejaculation. Any ideas?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
Hi! For the last 3 years my husband has been complaining on and off of GI and GU issues. He is constantly bloated, has horrible smelling gas (which he claims has only been since he met me, and smells of rotten eggs), and his anus itches. His urine smells strong and different than it used to and he says he experiences pain on ejaculation. Also, sometimes after we have sex the tip of his penis turns red, rough, and splotchy, as if we had rubbed sandpaper on it. He is convinced it is a yeast issue, as I get 2-3 yeast infections a year usually accompanied by a UTI. I have always been treated for these issues over the years but he has not. My doctors have assured me that he does not need to be treated and recently when he went to see a physican they also told him it is unlikely to be yeast/thrush. We have both been tested for STDs and all tests, viral and bacterial, were negative. It recently became almost impossible for us to have sex, as it has started to burn very bad for the both of us. We use glycerin-free lube and neither of us have any allergies that we are aware of. Any ideas? Is it possible we are allergic to each other's pH?
Posted Sat, 29 Sep 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 7 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Regarding the gas and bloating problem of your husband , he has to curb food articles which cause increased flatulence including aerated drinks. He should take multiple small feeds instead of heavy meals and sleep with aslight propped up position. He can continue wit probiotics but in modest amounts.
Regarding the urinary problem. It appears that he has developed some lesion which could perhaps be fungal. I would suggest that you can prcatice sex with acondom on. This will provide a clue as to what is perhaps exacerbating the problem. Good local hygiene with a medicated anntifungal soap followed by application of an antifungal antiseptic medication locally will certainly help.
I hope this answers your querry.
With regards