Bloated stomach,shortness of breath,ultrasound,metabolic blood test

Hi! Off and on over the years for no apparent reason my stomach bloats. Lately when I do any kind of excercise I bloat and get short of breath............I look 7 months pregnant although I'm a man.
I've had a complete ultrasound of my stomach and other organs plus a metabolic blood test. Today I was mowing the lawn and I had to quit because of severe bloating. Help.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Follow-up: Bloated stomach,shortness of breath,ultrasound,metabolic blood test 2 minutes later
Sorry I forgot to mention......the ultra sound and blood test came back normal
Answered by Dr. Tulasi Raman.P 9 hours later

The symptoms you have suggested is caused by many reasons. In your case it seems to be related to the diet and lifestyle.

As you have ruled out any chronic disease other than Hypertension and hypercholesterolemia, and any pathological organ defects and the blood tests are normal, I do not see any major health issue here.

From your medical history, Simvastatin can cause this.

To clear this you are supposed to have a balanced diet, and you can take some bulk forming laxative so that the bowel is cleared after consulting your physician for appropriate dose and formula.

Try not to take more of fibre or fatty diet, it should be optimum and never stop it.

And try avoiding carbonated beverages or strong beverages.

Mild to moderate exercise is required.

As for Simvastatin, dose adjustment may not be required if you make the above changes. and try not to take more of the laxatives if you are taking as fruits will help more for the cause.

So I advise for proper balanced diet plan.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

For any other query write to me.