Bloated stomach with chest pain, shortness of breath. Causes ?

stomach bloated with chest painsfor about 4days the left side of my stomach stays bloated with gas and my chest hurts... I am somewhat having shortness of breath... pls help
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Naveen Mishra 6 hours later

Bloated stomach with chest pain can have many reasons.

In your case the duration of symptoms is of 4 days - most likely reason may be gastrointestinal cause. However cardiac causes should be ruled out as you have shortness of breath as well.

I would suggest you to get yourself physically examined by a physician especially for blood pressure.

If it is gastritis then antacids and prokinetic drugs should help you including some daily walks & diet modifications.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for your follow up queries.

Follow-up: Bloated stomach with chest pain, shortness of breath. Causes ? 9 hours later
I think my chest is sore from the gloating but can bp cause chest soreness? I was diagnosed with classic chondritis (sorry for the spelling)
Answered by Dr. Naveen Mishra 48 hours later

Thanks for writing back.Also I apologize for the delay in answering.

Bp as such doesnt cause chest soreness but cardiac problems at times precipitate esp in people with high bp & then it can give such a picture.

You seem to mention of costo chondritis --certainly it can present so as it is an inflammation of cartilage of the ribs which form chest cage , but bloating should not occur with it alone.
Do consult your treating physician for the same .

Wish you good health.