Bloated stomach, metallic taste in mouth, sore nipples, missed Qlaira tablet. Pregnant?

May 2013
Hi ive been taking qlaira for several years following op for endometriosis. Unfortunately i missed a tablet last month but had a period as usual 10 days ago but now my stomach is all bloated, diistended and achy plus i have slight metallic taste in mouth. My clothes dont fit properly and have slightly sore nipples. It feels like im pregnant but have had a period. Could i be pregnant? I think its too early to take a pregnancy test? With thanks, XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 39 minutes later

qlaria is a combined oral contraceptive pill when used in prescribed manner it will give full protection,
when one pill is missed, if that taken in the next day along with that day pill it will give equal protection,
so your symptoms could be side effects of pill, as bloating sensation, weight changes, breast tenderness etc are common with pill and the pill will give around 99% of protection the chances of pregnancy are less,
if we want to rule out that 1% of chance you can go for blood test for pregnancy at the time of your expected date of periods.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.