Bloated stomach, gastritis. Taking neksium. Suggest dietary changes

Jan 2013

I had bloating problem. Done endoscopy. Report says: Lax GE junction, Mild gastritis. Doc has asked to consume a single neksium empty stomach every day. got good result. i am continuing .
Please tell me what food to eat, what all to avoid, any specific lifestyle. I want to become completely normal.
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 47 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated details along with mentioned.
Do you have acidic belching/ abdominal discomfort/ gargling sound in abdomen/ abdominal bloating after taking meals?
Does he have retrosternal burning pain causing difficulty in swallowing?

With the available described symptoms, there appears to be possibility of dyspepsia with decreased gastrointestinal motility.
Dyspepsia is a collection of symptoms consisting of acidic belching, abdominal heaviness and bloating, gargling sound , excessive flatulence.

Lax XXXXXXX means persisting opening of Lower esophageal sphincter (LES) and may cause damage to esophageal mucosa.
Gastritis is a misnomer and a pathological term but commonly given and use by endoscopist.

You should follow the mentioned changes:
1) Don't take tomatoes, and citrus fruits.
2) Avoid onion, garlic, excessive tea and coffee, chocolates,
3) Avoid oily and spicy food, non veg.
4) Take soft diet along with yogurt.
5) Keep difference of 3 hours between meals and sleep.
6) Avoid tight fitting clothes.
7) You should perform increased physical activity of at least 3-4 km/day.

You should take Neksium as advised by your treating doctor.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava