Blister or funsi on arm, paining. Had it punctured. Why did it suddenly pain?

Excellent

Question
Hi, I have a "Funsi" / blister on my left under arm, it is paining as well (without any wound)...which doctor should I consult (specialist or normal physician)? I had got this "funsi" punctured approx 12 years back and it was all fine will yesterday night when it all of a sudden started paining.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 16 minutes later

From your history I gather you have got an infected boil (funsi).

Also you had the boil punctured 12 yrs back and it has recurred according to your history.

For a better understanding please answer these queries:-

-Is there any discharge coming out of it now?
-When you had got this boil punctured had it completely disappeared or some part of it was remaining?
-Since it was punctured is it at the same spot or adjacent to it?
-Is there a yellow or greenish black color at the top?

Since it is in the axilla it could be an infected sebaceous cyst or an inflamed boil.

As for the specialist it will be better to consult a General Surgeon (M.S) in Gurgaon.

Awaiting your reply.

Follow-up: Blister or funsi on arm, paining. Had it punctured. Why did it suddenly pain? 2 hours later
Thanks for your reply.
My reply below.
Ans: NO.

Ans: Some part of it still remained. Now, I feel that the size has increased all of a sudden.

Ans: Same part, however, feel the size has increased.

Ans: Yes, yellowish / greenish black color.

Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 5 hours later

Thanks for providing the details.

From the description what you probably have is an infected sebaceous cyst. Sebaceous cyst if punctured can recurs; so a complete excision of the sac is needed.

I would suggest you to consult a Surgeon and he will remove the cyst under a local anaesthesia.
Till you consult the surgeon you can take a painkiller. Antibiotic prescribed by your physician can be helpful too.

Hope you find this answer helpful. Let me know if you have any other concern.
Please accept this answer and close the discussion if you have no further queries.

Warm regards