Blister on inner part of eye,bloodshot,visible veins

HI, i am a woman aged 59 yrs. I am 5ft 6ins tall. I weigh about 10st 11lbs. Last night as I was going to bed I noticed that the inner white of my left eye was very bloodshot. It is still like it today. There is no pain, but very slight soreness. I have had a clear small blister on that inner part of my eye for months. Also I have thought that little triangular bit in the corner has looked darker pink than the other side. Also in the last 6 months or so I have had two veins coming from the corner accross the white part, which never used to be there. It looks awful and I hope its not permanant, as I care a lot about my looks.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 52 minutes later

Thanks for your query,

The blood shot appearance of inner eye with a small blister and redness of inner triangle may be suggestive of eye infection along with a subconjunctival hemorrhage.

You need to get your eyes examined by an ophthalmologist for confirmation of diagnosis as sometimes it is difficult to diagnose with an actual examination.

For treatment, you need to get an antibiotic and steroid eye drop prescribed.

The subconjunctival hemorrhage (the blood shot appearance) takes 8-10 weeks to clear and medicines are not of much help.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful.

Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Thanks and Regards.