Blister on head of penis, not painful. What could this be?

hello. after a long weekend of theme park hopping, and flying home, last night, I noticed a pimple/blister like thing on the side of the head of my penis. it was just slightly raised, kind of elongated rectacular in shape. It looked as it I had pinched the fold of the skin. I showered, went to bed... checked it out thru night... seemed to be less inflammed. Now, all that remains is a slightly red spot... very faint. It's very small and seems to run parallel to the natural lines in the skin on my head. Never was painful, no fluid... basically, it's gone.
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
Considering the fact that it was only one blister, which disappeared on its own, it would be rare that it should be a sexually transmitted infection. It is important to consider a traumatic cause in this case. The nature of the pants you wore is important to be considered. Pure Cotton pants rarely predispose to such symptoms. With no history of risky sexual behaviour, no urethral discharge nor itches, and the fact that you had a singly lesion which is disappearing on its own, painless with no itches, chances that it should be a sexually transmitted infection are faint.
However, watchful look at the lesion is important. Any abnormal signs, new lesions or aggravation of wound or onset of pain or itches should warrant a medical consultation. For now, I suggest dry pure airy cotton pants.
Best regards and hope this helps,
Luchuo, MD.