Blister in the eye after putting glass cleaner with alcohol. What to do?

Grabbed wrong bottle this AM & instead of lubricant eye drops put eyeglass cleaner with alcohol in it in my eye. Washed it but now have blister. Does not hurt a little irritated feeling. What should I do? Blister is on outside edge of cornea
Posted Fri, 13 Jul 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 1 hour later

The blister is due to an epithelial defect on cornea. Apply an antibiotic eye ointment (zymar or Gatifloxacin eye ointment) thrice daily. It should heal within two days.

If you can upload a close-up picture of your eye, I will be able to comment more.

You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for further queries, if you have any.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah