Blepharatis gland blocking. Using warm compress to loosen oil. No tears, blurred vision, swollen eyelids. Allergic to clorfenical drops. Any damage to eyesight?

hi im diagnosed with blepharatis gland blocking one i have to clean along my eyes lids inside three times day with either baby XXXXXXX shampoo cotton bud or lidcare i cannot miss this it has to be everyday for the rest of my life as its a chronic disease before i do that i have to use a warm compress to loosen the oil this oil protects my eyes and this is preventing me from produceing tears so i have dry eye all time i was told i needed to use artificail tear drops to lub my eye, right i have been haveing flare ups it causes blurring vision and red eye my eye lids are swollen and inflammed i have imflammed tear ducts too i have been given steriod cream twice bring down swelling on eye lids but as you aware it thins out the skin and can cause cataracts later in life if gone in eye which mine has. i have a medical letter from the hospital as i have had an allergic reaction to clorfenical eye drops and ointment i can not use this as im open to eye infections because my condition i been for the last 7 months in and out of my doctors and hospitals with every eye infection includeing conjuctivatis and allergic reactions i have found some remedys like silver an old antibiotic that works its a mineral i order online as i cannot use doctors antibotics im allergic to im useing billberry and omega 3 and Echinacea herbal for my immune system and my eyes and omega i was recommended with my blepharatis, instead using flannels for my eyes i buy bags online to put in microwave to keep the heat but these have short life span. its effecting my everyday life for the last year i have hid behind sun glasses and not led a normal life the pain in my eye sockets hurt so bad and my dry eye is painfull its hard to use a laptop its stings my eyes, I have to go back and see the orpmoligst sorry about my spelling to find out why my eye lids are inflammed and my tear ducts as last hospital appointment said as im cleaning my inside lids out they shouldnt be that way could i claim DLA for this condition?
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 11 hours later

Thank you for the query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Do you get gritty or burning sensation in the eye?
2.) Do they get itchy?
3.) Do your eyes get watery?
4.) Do you have Dandruff?

I would like to let you know that, Blepharitis, occurs when tiny oil glands located near the base of the eyelashes malfunction. Several diseases and conditions can cause it, but it usually doesn't cause permanent damage to eyesight.

Kindly get yourself examined by a Ophthalmologist so that he/she may examine you and run few tests like, Eye swab test where your Doctor uses a swab to collect a sample of the oil or crust that forms on your eyelid. This sample will be analyzed for bacteria, fungi or evidence of an allergy.

Kindly don't worry, Once the cause is confirmed, you will be treated accordingly.

Follow these lifestyle modifications:

1.) Clean your eyelids with a warm washcloth, It can help control your symptoms.
2.) If your Doctor prescribes you Antibiotics eye drops, use them regularly as directed, stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.
3.) Use Lubricating eye drops after discussing it with your Doctor, this may help relieve dry eyes.
4.) If your Symptoms are due to Seborrheic Dermatitis, Kindly consult a Dermatologist. If it is treated, the symptoms will subside gradually.
5.) Apply warm compresses over your closed eye for five minutes several times a day to loosen the crusty deposits on the eyelids.
6.) Control Dandruff if you have, using a Anti Dandruff shampoo.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.