Bleeds through skin on face when sleeping. Has high BP, takes lisinopril, Bayer low dose and Folic acid

My husband bleeds through the skin on his face when he is asleep, what would cause that? He also has high blood pressure for which he takes (1) Lisinopril 20 mg twice a day. Daily he also takes (2) Bayer Low Dose (not by Dr's orders, his own decission) he also takes 800 mcg of Folic acid (by Dr's orders).
I don't know how I got to an Oncologist, I actually don't know what type of Dr. would specialize in my husband's condition. Please advise as to what specialty to select. Thank you
Posted Mon, 9 Sep 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need some more info to answer specifically

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in.

It would be great if I could get more information like from exactly which site the blood comes, is there any skin rash at that site or any abnormal looking blood vessels, etc. Possibilities are, skin disease, blood vessel abnormalities and rarely, cancer. Sometimes blood coming from nose may be mistaken as that coming from skin. But blood coming through normal skin would be extremely rare. If you can click a picture and upload that would be very helpful for us.

I will be happy to answer any follow-up queries.
Best Wishes,