Ask a Urologist   »  

Bleeding while urinating, grown up man. Is sometime serious?

I have a 25 year old son who is special needs. he is bleeding when he goes to the bathroom when he goes pee, what can it be?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 3 hours later

Considering the medical history and past treatment offered to your son, the likely cause of blood in his urine is probably urine culture and sensitivity; pelvic ultrasound with post void residue analysis. Treatment with broad spectrum antibiotic is entailed. His primary physician can guide you with these tests.

In addition, drinking plenty of water will benefit in reducing the symptoms.

I will be able to assist further once the results of the aforementioned test are available.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.