Ask a Urologist   »  

Bleeding when urinating, no pain, happens when dehydrated. What is wrong?

When I pee little droplets of blood comes out also a blood like tissue comes out. It doesn't hurt when i pee. I only notice blood when i don't drink enough fluids. I need help! Please tell me whats wrong with me:(
Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 30 minutes later

Thanks for the query

I need to have more info in order to come to a better conclusion of the issue

1. Do you have burning while peeing?
2. Do you have fever?
3. Is there any pain in the abdomen?
4. Did you sustain any injury to the groin area or abdomen area recently?
5. Were you evaluated for the same by a doctor? Do you have any reports?

Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply

Follow-up: Bleeding when urinating, no pain, happens when dehydrated. What is wrong? 36 minutes later
I don't have any burning while peeing. I have no fever and I feel perfectly healthy. My stomach feels fine. Also I don't recall any injuries to the groin or abdomen area. I exercise a lot but not vigorously. Your the first doctor to help me figure this out. I pray that you can help me figure out what's wrong!
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 9 hours later

Thanks for replying

Since you do not have fever or burning while micturation it looks like there could be inflammation of the kidneys which is causing you to pee blood stained urine.
It is treated with antibiotics and in some cases short course of steroids. I strongly advice you to get a complete blood count and urine routine. The ideal doctor to approach would be a nephrologist, he might advice you to undergo an ultra sound scan as well.

Please do not neglect the matter as it might lead to severe complications.

I hope I have answered your query, if you have any further ones I will be happy to answer them

I wish you a speedy recovery