Bleeding under skin of forearm, slight patch with itch, allergic asthma, causes

Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 3 hours later

Spontaneous bleeding under the skin is not normal. The possible conditions that could trigger such episodes are vitamin C deficiency, bleeding disorders, thrombocytopenia, echymosis, viral infections and drug side effects. The symptoms warrants evaluation by an expert hematologist as early as possible.

I may you the following test as part of evaluation - Complete blood counts, ESR, Coagulation profile and Liver function test

Avoid use of pain killers if you been on it especially aspirin.

The itching that you have is presence of blood products under the skin, it will soon fade away as the product of degradation gets absorbed. You may apply claritin lotion over the area to reduce itching.

Symptoms necessitates an expert hematologist consult.

Hope I have answered your query adequately. Wish you speedy recovery.

I am available for clarifications if any.