Bleeding, stomach pain. Had unprotected sex. Miscarriage?

I wanted to know something that happened to me. I had unprotected sex a lot with this guy I'm seeing and one day I was walking up town and all of a sudden all this blood come out once I got to the toilet all this heavy blood and big blood cloths come rushing out along with tummy pain. It didn't feel normal and I need up with a unrine infection after everything came out I was on the toilet for ages I seem a nurse the next day and she told me it was an infection and that was it but it didn't feel like one I can't get over what happened I know deep down it must of been a miscarriage. My periods where very light for the passed month and a half.
I would like some help please.
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 18 minutes later
The sudden passage of clots and the heavy bleeding along with the cramp like pain in the lower abdomen is likely to be due to a miscarriage. Since you were having very light periods for last one and a half months, it is even more suggestive of a miscarriage.
Since all the products of conception have been expelled, now there is no way to know if it was a pregnancy or not.
You can get an ultrasound scan done to find pout if there is any debris present in the uterus in case there is any irregular bleeding.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Bleeding, stomach pain. Had unprotected sex. Miscarriage? 2 hours later
Thank you for that would you be able to have an ultrasound to make sure that there is nothing wring with my uterus coz i feel like i cant have kids after that miscarriage i think it was. I%27ve been having problems down there lately.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
An ultrasound will clear all your doubts. Also, since it was a spontaneous and complete abortion, any such complication is not likely.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.