Bleeding starts after having sex. It continue for a long time. Having pain in bowels and bladder. Is this normal?

Im a 33 yr od female i have had non stop bleeding probs abdom pain.
I have a i.u.d thats overdue to be changed but i bleed for 3 - 4 weeks then not for a week or two.
Then back to bleeding.
If ihave sex when im not bleeding.
It starts straight away with pain my bowels and bladder are not normal
Posted Wed, 10 Oct 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Enrique Molina 2 hours later
When you refer to bleeding, I am assuming you mean vaginal bleeding and not rectal bleeding.
If you have had the IUD for over 5 years it is probably expired and needs to be replaced.
The symptoms you are reporting are concerning for an IUD that needs to be removed, as these are all side effects / complications of having an IUD. I highly recommend you visiting an OB/GYN for removal or replacement of the IUD, before the bleeding makes you anemic, or before you get an infection or other major complications.
The "bowel" and "bladder" pain you report I believe can actually be the uterus & ovaries causing you the pain. Inflammation of these organs can actually irritate the bowel and bladder which are right next to the uterus and cause diarrhea or constipation, and frequent urination.
Hope that helps, let me know if I can assist in anything else.
Best regards,