Bleeding, redness and large bump on stomach due to HCG shots for weight loss. Whats the reason, remedy?

I have been taking hcg shots for weight loss off and on for ab 3 years never had a problem. I always inject them in the stomach to the left side of my naval. I did the same thing last Sat. But it stung a little and bleed a little. Well on Tuesday it started getting red, painful and a large lump under it. It's still pretty large and really red and hurts seems to be feverish around it. I feel really bad today. Was wondering what this is or what the reason may be? When will it go away and what should I do ab it?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 2 hours later
Thanks for discussing you problem with us.
In my opinion, you may have developed a complication at your injection site. This may be a blood collection or an infection. It’s possible for blood to get accumulated at the time of injection and become infected.
In this regard, I recommend you should see a physician as soon as possible for you as this lump need to be evaluated. You may need a course of antibiotics as well.
Meanwhile, you can take Tablet Motrin 1 tablet as and when required with food (upto 4 tablets daily)
Meanwhile, you may apply ice packs to the affected site. This may provide you with some relief.
It may take some days to disappear completely & depends how early you seek advice & start treatment.
In future, you should keep changing your injection site and use proper aseptic measures.
I hope I have addressed your concerns
You may contact me for any follow up question you have.
Hope you get well soon.
Follow-up: Bleeding, redness and large bump on stomach due to HCG shots for weight loss. Whats the reason, remedy? 3 hours later
Do you mean like a reg antibiotic such as penicillin or cephalexin
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 1 hour later

Welcome back.

I hope you are feeling much better now and must have planned a doctor's visit.

Yes, penicillins and cephalosporins (cephalexin is one in this group) are two groups of antibiotics. But, I suggest you must see a doctor to get a prescription suitable for you. As, your prescription may vary, depending upon the condition of your lump and antibiotic sensitivity and resistance in your area.

A clinician usually has enough experience to suggest one that is likely to help you the most.

Please feel free to write back, if you have any other concerns.