Bleeding profusely from vagina, ordered some blood tests. Is a pregnancy test included in that panel of tests?

We're writing a screenplay and need to find out some specifics with regard to blood tests.
If a young girl (15) goes to the ER because she woke up bleeding profusely from her vagina, would the doctor order some blood tests, and if so, is a pregnancy test included in that panel of tests? Or does a pregnancy test have to be ordered separately?
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

Yes, the doctor will always order a full blood count in all cases of profuse vaginal bleeding.

No, a pregnancy test is not included in this panel, and if suspected it will be ordered separately, as the first few conditions suspected will be conditions like:
-Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
-Dysfunctional uterine bleeding
and a few others. Although pregnancy status is inquired about, it will be checked eventually, not immediately though.

I hope you found my response helpful and informative. Do write back to me for any further clarifications, or you could rate my answers after closing this discussion.

Best wishes.